Friday, September 5, 2014

TEARS OF LAUGHTER, FORMED A RIVER

It's Joan of Arc.

Nope, it's Joan of The Fashion Police.

Joan Rivers, aged 81 and leaving a legacy behind her, Joan Rivers. Rest in Peace. I was looking at those celebrity tweets today--something I don't usually do. Looking at them for what they had to say for one of my on-and-off idols, and my favorite one so far was~

:Heaven just got a whole lot funnier:

or something along the lines of that. The celebrity that tweeted it deserves an award for one of the best quotes, and unfortunately his name slipped my mind. I remember watching one of The Fashion Police episodes a mere year, fourteen or so months back, and slowly realization hits me,
that this beaut of a comedian is gone.

Half a year has passed, and heading into Term 4 of my school year, already Robbie Williams and Joan Rivers have passed; two comedic legends, two angels who I'm sure will host their own talk-show for heaven. 

It's different for her, for watchers of this Police Squad, because her career was still going, still fiery and bright, people were still looking forward to hearing her raspy voice filled with sharp air quotes full of attitude, and someone that I greatly admire.

My neighbor is suffering from cancer. His head is shaved bald and he's 14 years old. His mother is seen rushing madly around the house, cooking, scrubbing clean Formica counters, keeping his younger brother's hands sanitized, due to his prone of infections. He's started going back to school and the other day I saw him, and I felt a rush of shyness towards myself. He's a strong, brave, courageous individual, going to school like that after a couple months of chemotherapy, and I recall, just at the beginning of this school year [we don't go to the same school] , his hair was luscious and thick and gleaming under the sunlight, he was cooking and making breakfasts and beds for his parents who had nothing but praise for him, and then I think.

What happened?

Why do these unfortunate things happen to the people who bring the most joy to others? is it the ultimate test of a human angel? 
I, and my family, and the rest of our neighbors, are sincerely and dearly praying for his rapid recovery. Do pray to, and

RIP, Joan Rivers, Robbie Williams and Eunb of Korean girls' group Ladies Code, who passed on two days ago.
You will be remembered for your talent, your hard work, you effort in making a group, a fandom, an audience of people laugh and cry and put your shows and songs and movies on replay again and again and again, after break-ups, after graduation, when the house is empty after the kid shave gone to school.
R. I. P

THE BADLY TAKEN

X

ATHENA

TEARS OF LAUGHTER, FORMED A RIVER

No comments:

Post a Comment