Friday, September 5, 2014

NYFW #1-PART A

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK, 1, PART A

Yes, hon, it's that time of the year again. Do expect me to have my eyes glued on the phone to drool upon the latest works of designers, envisioning myself stepping out of boutiques with the latest Spring 2015 threads hanging off my arm...when I'm busy struggling through Lit.


Do you see it? The camel-Sahara-desert tones in the fabric? How the nude heel is taken to a whole new level with an all-nude ensemble?


Guess what? There's more that screams CAMEL TREND to come, and with hoods and safari-mosquito-fighting friendly tidbits! Like the layering done here, a dress/skirt and top/jacket and top Outfit Of the Runway-I'm sorry to say this but unless the intended effect is to make the model look like she's dressed in the latest shades of Scouts Training Camp tents from Target in multiple flattering shades of beige, it doesn't look like a look I'd hang onto.



OOPS! HE DID IT AGAIN, 


This time adding nerd-haul round spectacles for a sexy professor look, usually done with a pencil skirt and a five-more-unbuttoned-than necessary white blouse, but this works too. Wearing a tent over your shoulders with some cut-up cloth slices really turn the guys on, yanno-complete with dangling zipper-of-tent cords and graphically printed on random scarves and loose shawls draped around the actual piece? Sexy, I have to say!



Technically, I have no issues with this piece. Loving the layering of the skirts, the above-the-knee hemline, the solid black is back vibe of this all, the slit-skirt.


And then we get back to desert-gear. So sorry, but, what?! is up with the excessive head coverings? I have nothing against them except when they're paired with a sand-dune piece or when they're connected with an all black silhouette-that's when the SKINNIER, SUPERMODEL VERSION OF DARTH VADER starts to show, in the runway capture above.

I'm sorry (#sorrynotsorry) to reveal the model's luscious locks? I bet she gets sponsors or at least takes the time and effort to slather on L'Oreal or Pantene before she starts strutting, and the hooded appearance, complete with un-color coordinated strappy heels on her feet?
It's just not cutting it.


Desert-style is bbaccckkkk, and this time, the pantsuits are dragged along the 'way with her. Also, the camel-tone seems a bit washed out, almost like a Pajama-toned jumpsuit is hanging off her, with an ug-a-lee, poor excuse for a bandana hanging off her limp hair.


And this look...it practically sets the bar for a new type of selfie: I-just-woke-up-but-sliced-my-full-on-pajama-onesie-so-that-it-shows-my-smexy-collarbones-and-to-attract-attention-to-my-chest-even-more-I-smashed-colored-napkins-against-it.
oh, and i wear a push-upbratosleep.com.

Now this look. I think this is the jewel-in the desert-EXCUSE ME! I MEAN DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH look I've been waiting for. The orangey-sienna-burnt shade has luxury sewn into the seams of this surprise-satin piece, with the absolutely perf colored specs and a skin-tight beanie stretched over the scalp, the only thing missing a gold necklace to string round her neck to pop the mono-color scheme that seems to be going on here.

AND THE LABEL IS Nicholas K, a New York based design company.
PERKS: Models don't look all symmetrical in the face, each looks fierce and daring, the bubble glasses remaking the 'too sultry' look into quirky. Layering seems to be their go-to idea.

DERPS: Um. Same color scheme from head to toe, if not kinda ugly printed graphics, strappy sandals sometimes not co-ordinated, Darth-Vader hood hiding shampoo-ad-worthy hair and the excessive use of camel shades. Let me just stress, my eyes are basically crying from too much sand-from the desert. [get it?]

if you don't get it, you ah-b-vious-lee haven't read my whole post and you are, therefore, some kinda shmuck that just decided to read the end of my post and is despicable so please go back and read the whole damn thing with the desert issue or else I sound to you as a crazy camel-hating person WHICH IS NOT TRUE but that's for next time. 


*feels like a Disney broadcaster or something b/c SEE YOU ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF...*

That, my dears, was my first take of NYFW ~ noticeable collections that you had better take note of. To either buy...or not to buy.


THE BADLY TAKEN

X

ATHENA


IMAGES VIA MBFASHIONWEEK.COM




No comments:

Post a Comment